Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Magic In The Valley


for my Mom
 
A special voice had called me to the valley for awhile
I had driven with the laundry for my Dad with a sad smile
Mom had gone on over with the angels sweet you see
And all that there was left that day was the quilt she’d given me.

I’d hung it on the line for the wind was gently strong
I stood there on the lawn with my Dad as it hung
Then I looked to see the rainbows in the sky placed there for us
And we marveled at the two of them, they brought a sacred hush.

I looked at the quilt pattern of red and pink and white
And I saw her face then shining, as in a special light
Her smile was in the centre, it gave a tender glow
And I knew then she was watching us, way down here below.

How could I repay her for all she’d done for me
How could I let her know, how could she ever see?
But then I saw the tear which down the quilt had left a trace
And I wept for the the magic in that Beaver Valley place.

Her tears had brought a happiness, ‘twas in that sacred glow
The rainbows stayed there in the sky, ‘til the sun had slipped low
The autumn leaves were lit with a blaze that burned in me
And I drove away with certainty, and I knew that she could see.

cailin raine

No comments:

Post a Comment