Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Love Stained Page


In Loving Memory of My Mother
Reta Mae Genoe (Weber)
1913 - 1996
 
 
‘Tis the weeping blood of Christ that is pressed upon this page

Brought by my departed Mother’s love, just beyond the grave

The weeping light, white lily brought this crimson blood to life

And stained these pages with its blood, to help lessen my strife

Stained here to remind me that the Son died on the Cross

That there was great Atonement , to help me conquer loss

For daily struggle in each life, stress and pain and more

Moves us to be stronger and to walk towards that Shore

Lord knows I’ve walked some wrong paths, swayed from following Him

The rainbows, sun were hidden and my thoughts of God were dim

There were Changes ever straining me, pushing me to grow

What lies ahead is God’s will, and He watches me below
 
As I turn these red, stained pages, I see the beauty there

And am moved to look to Heaven, then bow my head in Prayer

I knew there was a Reason that I chose the lily white…

She is there blooming in my garden to remind me what is right

I thank the Lord for Mother, who still gives beyond the grave

The rainbow, cardinal, lily, rose, with love to me she gave

And so I pressed the lily white against this Holy page,

Watched her bleed her Message and grow more beautiful with age.

with love
cailin raine


No comments:

Post a Comment